Sunday, July 26, 2009

Week 6 PLN

One of my biggest issues with my PLN this summer is that my use of it was all centered around how I could use it, what applications it could have, and how it could fit into my guiding principles throughout the year. While I have identified many positive aspects over the past several weeks, it's all been hypothetical as I'm not currently in school. I think that over the past few weeks I've learned to manage my PLN and and use it effectively in my current situation (of being out of school) but that will all change once school starts. So now I really need to think about how I can best utilize my PLN to it's and my fullest advantage once the busyness of school has kicked into full swing. I don't want to abandon it as I think that a network of people with common threads is a very powerful and helpful tool but I also don't want it to become another thing on the to-do list that I have to deal with or that distracts from other objectives. I think PLN management will need to be incorporated into my guiding principles as I think the shaping of that over the next year will need to be a focus if it's something I want to maintain and effectively utilize (which it is - at least at this moment!)

1 comment:

  1. interesting. i have found myself struggling with this whole personal learning network thing. and i'm wondering if maybe it is because i'm not in school, and what i'm doing right now for both work and life has nothing to do with science education. so maybe during the school year i will find myself looking more toward using it, and contributing.

    ReplyDelete