Friday, August 7, 2009

Final Reflections

I signed up for this class at the last minute and felt (arrogantly) that I wouldn't really learn new things but really just improve on technology skills that I already had. It was a big blow to the ego when I discovered I pretty much knew nothing and was swimming upstream without a paddle. However, it was comforting to see and hear that many of us were in the same boat and that together we could navigate uncharted waters. Thank you to everyone in this class in my new PLN for providing guidance and encouragement when I needed it.

In looking back I think my key word this summer became balance; balancing classes, summer school, and life; balancing many new technologies coming at me from all new channels; balancing my desire to incorporate EVERYTHING with my understanding that it just can't happen; balancing my perfectionism with practicality; balancing my excitement about new technology with the awareness that there is going to be a learning curve for me AND my students. In the end I think I came out fairly even. Luckily I still have a few weeks to relax (vacation to the Adirondacks), regroup, and refine before starting back to school.

I look forward to school getting started and seeing how my projects as well as those of my classmates evolve throughout the year. I'm sure we will "see" each other in the virtual world soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment