Monday, August 3, 2009

Week 7 PLN

As I mentioned last week, I'm excited to see how my PLN will transform once school gets in full swing. Hopefully, it will become a place where I can get quick, helpful to answers as I try to incorporate my new tools in the classroom. I got more into the Classroom 2.0 groups this week. I think that's another place that will open up many doors once school starts.

My other big triumph (which is not really a triumph at all) was to actually join the Biology listserv on the NSTA website. Several people had mentioned it here and I kept meaning to do it and then would forget. So now I'm set up and ready to go and even though it's still summer there are some valuable things coming through and I think it will prove to be a great source of information.

I know for most of you this isn't your medium but does anyone know of good PLN resources for teaching students with learning disabililties. My school caters to students with learning disabilities and I was looking for some PLN resources to tap into for that. Any thoughts??

****Edit: Just opened my Google Reader and there was a post about a website for teachers of students with special needs. My PLN coming to help again. However, if others have resources, I would still greatly appreciate them!!! Viva la PLN!!!!****

1 comment:

  1. Randy teaches special needs students, he has a bunch of resources/ links. Check out his blog and new website.

    ReplyDelete